Adult education in Maine is a statewide system of more than 100 connected learning programs and centers from Kittery to Fort Kent and everywhere in between.
Adult education programs offer courses in 5 major categories:
- Business & Skills Training courses help prepare Maine citizens by providing the modern skills training necessary for new careers, promotions, and other career advancement.
- College Transitions courses assist people of all ages wishing to make the transition into college-level courses.
- GED & High School Completion courses help people complete their high school education.
- Literacy courses give people the guidance, support, and training neccessary to improve their literacy skills and the literacy skills of their family.
- Personal Enrichment courses include lessons in skills such as cooking and musical instruments, and also include a variety of unique and fun experiences including travel.
In any economy, Adult Education courses are great choices because they are local, affordable, and are designed to fit within your schedule.